Notorious serial paedophile Bradley Pen Dragon will remain locked up until at least next month after allegedly being found in possession of images of children.
The West Australian revealed on Thursday night that the 62-year-old had been taken back into custody, just two days after he was freed from Acacia Prison on a strict supervision order.
That order contains 62 conditions that must not be breached, including one that he is monitored electronically.
Under the conditions of his release, Dragon is prohibited from having any pictures, drawings or sketches of children, whether indecent or not.
Dragon has not been charged with possession of child abuse material.
During a brief appearance in Perth Magistrates Court on Friday, Dragon was asked if he understood the charge and confirmed that he did.
His lawyer made no application for bail.
Premier Mark McGowan said the fact Dragon was arrested so soon after his release showed authorities were taking the matter “very seriously”.
“The court let him out, subject to conditions,” Mr McGowan said.
“Unsurprisingly, he has been rearrested for an alleged breach. So that’s now a matter before the court.”
Dragon will next appear in court on July 6.
For the full story visit TheWest.com.au.